In typical Zanna fashion, I started full-force on this website and blog at the least financially…um…fit moment of the year so far. While we are working on correcting that and battling the economic woes affecting us all (as a one-income family of 5), of *course* I want want want all these shiny, pretty things I see online. I tend to get very Veruca Salt about things when I start on a new venture. The fact that I am not able to go overboard with my wishes is probably for the best, but I simply have to get it off my chest, hence this entry you are reading now. If nothing else, it will help me keep everything in one place and have a list to tell my family and friends about for my birthday and the holidays!
1. Business cards from Moo.com. About 2 years ago, Moo.com did a cross-promotion with livejournal.com (where I have blogged privately since 2001.) to promote their new company. You could order 10 randomly designed Mini Cards with your livejournal name on them, or whatever you liked (I was not into handing out my lj name so I just got my gmail address on them with “Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust”). Naturally, when I decided to make this place a reality, Moo.com was my first and really only choice to head to for business cards listing the website. They are currently running a 50 free business cards promotion with paid shipping, so I might be able to take advantage of that, but my wish is still for the Mini Cards, because I think they are so unique and unexpected. I also want to get a nice Mini Card holder (in pink of course!) so I can actually take them with me and hand them out.
2. A Poken. I will fully admit to this being a luxury item for me. I am not yet a blogger with 100’s of followers, but I am damned determined to get there. I first discovered Poken on Twitter, when many of the bloggers I follow there were discussing their upcoming trips to BlogHer ’09. I googled Poken and fell in love. “HOW CUTE!” I thought. I will also fully admit to having a soft spot for all things Japanese inspired (ironic since they are not Japan-based), whether toys or candy or animation. So the idea of carrying around an adorable miniature creature, and ‘high four’ (Pokens only have 4 fingers) another Poken to instantly exchange contact information? I was sold. It was hard to decide which Poken I coveted most, but I settled on the Geisha. There are a few sites you can purchase Pokens on, a couple of which I’m following on Twitter as well. I can’t wait to be able to Poken with someone soon!
3. A Membership to D23, the exclusive Disney-run fan club. I have wanted one of these since it came out, but the planets have not aligned for it to happen yet. I asked for it for Mother’s Day, but I think that was around the time everyone in our family took turns being sick, twice, so it didn’t work out. I have the first issue of the magazine, but the membership is a must-have for a Disney site like mine, purely research purposes of course! 😉 Since the waiting list for Club 33 is 18 years now, I figure at least this is attainable!
4. A BIG OL’ Barnes and Noble or Amazon Giftcard. This really IS for research purposes. I’d like to increase my Disney library and brush up on my totally NOT useless trivia, history and stories behind the parks. There are several guidebooks I’d like to have on file as well as many more Disney trivia and history books. In this same vein, a Disney gift card would be fabulous to use for booking tours and other special events for research purposes!
5. A mini-laptop. I am lucky to actually have a laptop, thanks to a tax return in 2007, but I was a little over-eager and thought the 17″ Dell Inspiron was the only choice for me. I love it, dearly, but when we do travel to Disney or somewhere else it is a bit of a hassle to lug around. We were able to get both kids mini Dell laptops for Christmas last year, and while the keyboards are kind of tough for me to type on, I think they’d be a great investment to be able to stay mobile with ease. Plus Disney just came out with new Princess Netbooks, though if I got a Disney one, I think the kids would stage a mutiny.
I think that’s it for now, short of listing items off my regular amazon wishlist. And that’d just be greedy. 😉 Any other ideas for must-haves that I’m missing here? Obviously I’m writing and keeping the site going without these items, but a girl can dream, can’t she? Especially a Princess. Is Genie from Aladdin still around? Maybe he’ll grant me a wish or two…In the meantime, I shall count my non-pressed pennies and save my pixie dust. *:•..•:*¨¨*:•.ºoº.•:*¨¨*:•..•:*