LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Classic cars will meet their match as star racecar Lightning McQueen, pal Mater and master British spy Finn McMissile from Disney•Pixar’s upcoming animated motion picture “Cars 2” race into town during Car Masters Weekend at Walt Disney World Resort May 13- 15, 2011. Car lovers will delight in a weekend devoted to all things cars, with activities from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day at Downtown Disney West Side:
- Muscle cars will line the Downtown Disney promenade alongside the largest life-sized, radio- controlled replica cars ever built–which bring their big-screen “car-acter” counterparts to life for fans to meet face to face.
- Pixar Animation Studios’ “Cars” Franchise Guardian and resident car expert, Jay Ward, has been tapped to judge the Classic Car show which takes place on Saturday and Sunday.
- NASCAR fans can get a peek at Richard Petty’s racecar on display inside RIDEMAKERZ at Downtown Disney.
- The family-friendly weekend will feature special Disney•Pixar “Cars 2” merchandise–including new RIDEMAKERZ models – and bonus entertainment.
- The 2006 Disney•Pixar “Cars” film returns to the big screen with a limited engagement viewing at AMC Pleasure Island 24 Theatres throughout the weekend. Moviegoers can even catch a glimpse of the new movie trailer from “Cars 2,” which gets the “green flag” on June 24, 2011, presented in Disney Digital 3DTM and IMAX 3D® in select theaters.
State Farm brings Disney•Pixar’s “Cars 2” adventure directly to fans with the “Agents on a Mission” tour, showcasing cars modeled after their big-screen likenesses. Guests can check out the cars and take part in a variety of “Cars 2”-themed activities, including a video kiosk, e-photo opportunities, games and giveaways. They can also enter the “Agents on a Mission” sweepstakes, which features 18,000 prizes, including a new car.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the classic cars that will be on hand:
Hope to see you there!