Zannaland was created and is run by Suzannah Mitchell Otis, aka Zanna. She has been communicating online since 1990. In the early 2000’s she led 14 community message boards on iVillage.com before blogging privately from 2001 on. Zannaland was created in 2004 as a place to sell her self-published zine “Zanna, Do!” as well as publicize her essay contribution to the book “If Women Ruled the World: How to Create the World We Want to Live In“(and selling the jewelry she was making before that).
Discovering the world of social media and connecting with Walt Disney World fans, she converted the site in 2009 and has been blogging publicly ever since. Here she combines her favorite topics; her life as a parent and her memories and adventures at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and beyond, as well as Disney news and entertainment reviews. Zannaland has now expanded to include other local theme parks, resorts, events and more in the Central Florida area and travel destinations beyond.
Building up a large following in a short amount of time, Suzannah had over 1,000 organic Twitter followers in 5 months and a Google page rank of 3 in just 4 months. Now at over 22,500 Twitter, Facebook and instagram followers and over well over 1,000,000 page views, Zannaland has a devoted network of loyal readers. The online connections she made led to many guest writing/speaking projects.
If you are a brand looking for Zannaland’s stats and audience reach, you’ll find my Media Kit will help. Thanks!
Zanna resides a few minutes away from the magic, right behind Cinderella Castle. There she enjoys her own personal Happily Ever After with her husband Scott, who she married in 2015. They share their adventures with her 20 year-old son, Christian, who now runs the Zannaland YouTube channel and covers movie reviews, her 19 year-old daughter, who attends Rollins College, and 10 year-old son who loves to dance and act. As for the 3 cats, they are: a tabby named Luna Lovepaws, a beautiful almost-white calico that showed up almost-drowned in their garage as a kitten, named Mariposa, and a new kitten named Stella Cascade, a blue point bi-color ragdoll (like Grumpy cat but grey instead of brown).
Prior to becoming a stay at home mom, Suzannah was a cast member at Walt Disney World before using her Travel & Tourism Management degree as a travel agent and agency manager. Since 2012, she has worked at MEI & Mouse Fan Travel, working on their social media and admin/training departments. Future aspirations include furthering her social media connections, and writing a novel or two.
Zannaland is PR Friendly and welcomes product reviews, giveaways, sponsorships and other promotions based on companies and products that would be beneficial or of interest to Zannaland readers. Suzannah is open to travel opportunities as well as advertising. Zannaland adheres to full disclosure and FTC guidelines. Click for Media Kit.
Requests for reviews, promotions, guest writing, or site statistics may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. She is most easily found on Instagram, as well as Twitter and Facebook. Her LinkedIn profile lists past professional positions.
Featured Articles by Suzannah Mitchell Otis (it appears many of these links/sites have moved or don’t exist anymore- the internet has definitely changed a bit in the past 10 years):
Travelocity: The Window Seat Blog – 40-part series on milestones at Walt Disney World in honor of the 40th Anniversary – 2008: The Wave…of American Flavors opens at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Whoa, Momma! TampaBay.com/TBT*-Tampa Bay Times/St. Petersburg Times – Blogger/Correspondent – It appears many of these links have moved/don’t work, so feel free to search for my articles.
- 5 Top Meal Values in Walt Disney World (Whoa, Momma!) / Dining With the Mouse Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive (St. Pete Times)
- Disney iPhone Apps to Keep Kids Happy in Line
- Off Disney’s Beaten Path
- Keeping Teens from Boredom at the Theme Parks
- Tips for Staying Cool in the Theme Parks
- Applying for the 2011 Walt Disney World Moms Panel
- Tips for Enjoying Walt Disney World at the Holidays
- Downtown Disney Lego Store Re-opening
- Newly Re-Imagined Tampa Disney Store Opening
- Is Disney’s Christmas Party Worth It? (Whoa Momma!) / Is Mickey’s Party Worth It? (TBT*)
- Tips for Visiting Mickey’s Halloween Party
- Orlando Sentinel – quote about the new Storybook Circus area of the New Fantasyland
- iVillage.com – Thanksgiving Crafts for Families – Oreo Turkeys
- TouringPlans.com blog – First Time Disneyland Tips from a WDW Convert
- AllEars.net – Featured Article in monthly newsletter: Magic in the Details
- The Disney Food Blog – Dining With Kids in WDW, Food & Wine Festival Sneak Peek, Be Our Guest Lunch Review with Photo Tour
- TheDisneyBlog.com – Chef Ming Tsai Ocean Spray Demo at Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival, 2013 WDW Ambassador Ceremony
- WeJustGotBack.com – Fab 5 Free Things to do in Tampa
- Type-A Parent.com – Top 10 Fun Facts About Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- ThemeParkMom.com – Top 5 Must-Eats at Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival
- StudiosCentral.com – Memories of Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- MainStGazette.com – Contributing member of the monthly Roundtable Discussions
- HiddenMickeysGuide.com – Disney After Dark – The Magic Continues After Sunset
- DisneyEveryDay.com – Downtown Disney West Side’s new D-Street Vinylmation Store
- WDWfacts.com – 14th Annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- After the Mouse – Cast Member Experiences
- Orlando Social Media Club – Mommy Bloggers Panel Speaker
- Sympatico.ca – quote on Downtown Disney picks for kid-free nights out
In November 2009, Suzannah was selected as a member of the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel. The Panel is heading into its tenth consecutive year and Suzannah was chosen as one of 21 new panelists from nearly 20,000 applications. At DisneyWorldMoms.com Suzannah shared her family’s tips and experiences for planning the perfect Walt Disney World Vacation.
Press and contributions relating to the Walt Disney World Moms Panel:
Articles posted on the official Disney Parks Blog via the Walt Disney World Moms Panel:
- Top Spots for a Great Cup of Coffee at Walt Disney World
- Pirate and Pals Fireworks Voyage video with fellow Moms Panelists
- “If I Had 2 Hours in Walt Disney World to Make a Lifelong Memory…“
Video with AOL Travel on How to Navigate the Parks at Walt Disney World
MyFoxOrlando video piece on Florida resident deals at Walt Disney World. This ran on MyFoxTampaBay as well.
- Tampa Bay Times /TampaBay.com – Whoa, Momma! Blog
- St. Petersburg Times
- TBT* in print p.78 April 23, 2010 edition
- Tampa Tribune / TBO.com
- Business Week
- CNP – County paper The Laker (circ. 50,000)
- Official WDW Press Release
Zannaland is not in any way affiliated with The Walt Disney Company, any other theme park or resort, or any of its subsidiaries. This site is purely entertainment with the occasional informational nugget thrown in. I am not a Disney employee and the posts here are my own and do not represent the position or opinion of the Walt Disney Company or any other corporate entity.
I encourage all who read this to visit Disney.com or their Disney Parks site for ALL your official Disney information and news. All Disney characters and images mentioned are ©Disney. All other text, ideas and images are ©Suzannah Mitchell Otis unless noted.
Items provided to Zannaland for review will always be clearly noted on the post itself as well as any other terms of sponsorship or payment for reviews. Any feedback, questions or ideas are welcomed and can be sent by emailing Zanna. Thank you!