Zannaland was created and is run by Suzannah Mitchell, aka Zanna. She has been communicating online since 1990. In the early 2000′s she led 14 community message boards on iVillage.com before blogging privately from 2001 on. Zannaland was created in 2004 as a place to sell her self-published zine “Zanna, Do!” as well as publicize her essay contribution to the book “If Women Ruled the World: How to Create the World We Want to Live In“.
Discovering the world of social media and connecting with Walt Disney World fans, she converted the site in 2009 and has been blogging publicly ever since. Here she combines her favorite topics; her life as a parent and her memories and adventures at Walt Disney World, as well as Disney news, press releases and reviews. Zannaland has now expanded to include other local theme parks, resorts, events and more in the Central Florida area.
Building up a large following in a short amount of time, Suzannah had over 1,000 organic Twitter followers in 5 months and a Google page rank of 3 in just 4 months. Now at over 9000 Twitter and Facebook followers and over 1,000,000 page views with a Google page rank of 5, Zannaland has a devoted network of loyal readers. The online connections she made led to many guest writing/speaking projects.
Featured Articles by Suzannah Mitchell:
• Travelocity: The Window Seat Blog – 40-part series on milestones at Walt Disney World in honor of the 40th Anniversary – 2008: The Wave…of American Flavors opens at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
• Whoa, Momma! TampaBay.com/TBT*-Tampa Bay Times/St. Petersburg Times – Blogger
- 5 Top Meal Values in Walt Disney World (Whoa, Momma!) / Dining With the Mouse Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive (St. Pete Times)
- Disney iPhone Apps to Keep Kids Happy in Line
- Off Disney’s Beaten Path
- Keeping Teens from Boredom at the Theme Parks
- Tips for Staying Cool in the Theme Parks
- Applying for the 2011 Walt Disney World Moms Panel
- Tips for Enjoying Walt Disney World at the Holidays
- Downtown Disney Lego Store Re-opening
- Newly Re-Imagined Tampa Disney Store Opening
- Is Disney’s Christmas Party Worth It? (Whoa Momma!) / Is Mickey’s Party Worth It? (TBT*)
- Tips for Visiting Mickey’s Halloween Party
• Orlando Sentinel – quote about the new Storybook Circus area of the New Fantasyland
• iVillage.com – Thanksgiving Crafts for Families – Oreo Turkeys
• TouringPlans.com blog – First Time Disneyland Tips from a WDW Convert
• AllEars.net – Featured Article in monthly newsletter: Magic in the Details
• TheDisneyBlog.com – Chef Ming Tsai Ocean Spray Demo at Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival, 2013 WDW Ambassador Ceremony
• WeJustGotBack.com – Fab 5 Free Things to do in Tampa
•Type-A Parent.com – Top 10 Fun Facts About Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
• ThemeParkMom.com - Top 5 Must-Eats at Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival
• StudiosCentral.com - Memories of Disney’s Hollywood Studios
• MainStGazette.com – Contributing member of the monthly Roundtable Discussions
• HiddenMickeysGuide.com – Disney After Dark – The Magic Continues After Sunset
• DisneyEveryDay.com - Downtown Disney West Side’s new D-Street Vinylmation Store
• WDWfacts.com – 14th Annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
• After the Mouse – Cast Member Experiences
• Orlando Social Media Club – Mommy Bloggers Panel Speaker
• Sympatico.ca - quote on Downtown Disney picks for kid-free nights out
In November 2009, Suzannah was selected as a member of the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel. The Panel is heading into its fifth consecutive year and Suzannah was chosen as one of 21 new panelists from nearly 20,000 applications. At DisneyWorldMoms.com Suzannah shares her family’s tips and experiences for planning the perfect Walt Disney World Vacation.
Prior to becoming a stay at home mom, Suzannah was a cast member at Walt Disney World before using her Travel & Tourism Management degree as a travel agent and agency manager. Future aspirations include furthering her social media connections, working in Special Events or Public Relations, and writing a novel or two.
Suzannah resides a few minutes away from the magic in “the city that Disney built” – Celebration, FL, with her 14 year-old son, 12 year-old daughter, 4 year-old son, 5 year-old Chihuahua named Scarlett, 2 year-old Tabby cat named Luna Lovepaws and lots and lots of iced lattes.
Zannaland is PR Friendly and welcomes product reviews, giveaways, sponsorships and other promotions based on companies and products that would be beneficial or of interest to Zannaland readers. Suzannah is open to travel opportunities as well as advertising. Zannaland adheres to full disclosure and FTC guidelines.
Requests for reviews, promotions, guest writing, or site statistics may be directed to email@example.com. She is most easily found on Twitter as well as Facebook. Her LinkedIn profile lists past professional positions.
Press and contributions relating to the Walt Disney World Moms Panel:
Articles posted on the official Disney Parks Blog via the Walt Disney World Moms Panel:
- Top Spots for a Great Cup of Coffee at Walt Disney World
- Pirate and Pals Fireworks Voyage video with fellow Moms Panelists
- “If I Had 2 Hours in Walt Disney World to Make a Lifelong Memory…“
Video with AOL Travel on How to Navigate the Parks at Walt Disney World:
Tampa Bay Times /TampaBay.com – Whoa, Momma! Blog
TBT* in print p.78 April 23, 2010 edition
Zannaland is not in any way affiliated with The Walt Disney Company, any other theme park or resort, or any of its subsidiaries – but rather simply basking in the shadow of their wonderment and sharing the joy they bring to the Zannaland family. This site is purely entertainment with the occasional informational nugget thrown in. As noted on the graphic to the right – I am not a Disney employee and the posts here are my own and do not represent the position or opinion of the Walt Disney Company.
As a member of the Walt Disney World Moms Panel, I was provided with a training trip to the resort where I received dining, accommodations and park tickets as well as park tickets for my service on the panel. (I have annual passes anyway, but I need to let you know what they provided). I encourage all who read this to visit Disney.com or their Disney Parks site for ALL your official Disney information and news. All Disney characters and images mentioned are ©Disney. All other text, ideas and images are ©Suzannah DiMarzio/Suzannah Mitchell unless noted.
Items provided to Zannaland for review will always be clearly noted on the post itself as well as any other terms of sponsorship or payment for reviews. Any feedback, questions or ideas are welcomed and can be sent by emailing Zanna. Thank you!