When the Disney Dream debuts on Jan. 26, 2011, guests will begin embarking on innovation-infused journeys aboard a 4,000-passenger cruise ship where technology has been translated into eye-popping, jaw-dropping experiences – where activities, mealtimes and pastimes elicit smiles, giggles, “wows” and squeals of delight … and occasionally will take your breath away.
Disney Cruise Line debuts a cruise-industry first: a shipboard water coaster … AquaDuck! Guests aboard the Disney Dream will get swept away on an exhilarating high-speed flume ride featuring twists, turns, drops, uphill acceleration and river rapids – all while traversing the upper decks of the ship.
Disney Cruise Line introduces another innovation with all inside staterooms on the Disney Dream featuring a Magical Porthole that provides guests with a real-time view outside the ship. High-definition cameras placed on the exterior of the ship feed live video to each Magical Porthole.
Only on a Disney Cruise Line ship can children become immersed in their favorite Disney stories with the help of caring counselors, beloved Disney characters and a sprinkling of pixie dust. The celebration of children’s creativity rises to a new level on the Disney Dream with nearly an entire deck of youth spaces designed to inspire, entertain and unlock the imagination of children ages 3 to 10.
- Play among larger-than-life characters from Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story” in Andy’s Room
- Explore the Laugh Floor with lovable monsters Mike and Sully from “Monsters, Inc.”
- Dive under the sea with Nemo and friends or visit Tinker Bell’s fairy forest
At Disney’s Oceaneer Lab, children feel as though they are embarking on a great seafaring adventure in a room filled with maps, maritime instruments and swashbuckling artifacts. Here, children can try their hand at animation, become a pop star or navigate ships through digital seas.
Located inside the forward funnel of the Disney Dream is Edge, a lounge just for tweens (ages 11 to 13). This tween pad is filled with a multitude of hi-tech entertainment including the ability to create and star in photo postcards and video karaoke using green-screen technology.
Disney Cruise Line continues its innovative rotational dining concept onboard the Disney Dream with elaborately themed restaurants, distinctly Disney touches, and world-class cuisine to create a magical dining experience. Throughout the cruise, guests visit different restaurants for dinner – with their servers accompanying them, providing friendly, personalized service each night. Restaurants include:
- Animator’s Palate, a signature Disney Cruise Line restaurant that brings the magic of Disney animation into the dining room for an amazing experience that will captivate the entire family. The room is immersed in a vivid undersea environment and Crush, the surfer-dude sea turtle from Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Nemo,” makes a special appearance, swimming around the restaurant and engaging in live impromptu interactions with guests. Crush asks guests about their experience onboard the ship and answers questions about his life under the sea. Other characters such as Nemo, Dory, Squirt and Bruce the shark swim by and visit with guests.
- Royal Palace, an elegant restaurant inspired by the classic Disney films “Cinderella,” “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “Sleeping Beauty.”
- Enchanted Garden, a whimsical, casual restaurant inspired by the gardens of Versailles and featuring a dining environment that magically transforms from day to night.
Just for Adults. . .
On the Disney Dream, while children are having the time of their lives in the elaborately themed youth areas, adults can look forward to incomparable indulgences and relaxation with exclusive areas and offerings designed exclusively for them.
- Adults can escape into The District, a nighttime entertainment area on the Disney Dream with five unique venues. This playground for grownups features sophisticated lounges, each with its own unique design, look, feel, and palate-pleasing delights.
- Senses Spa & Salon offers adult tranquility with 17 private treatment rooms, lavish spa villas with indoor treatment rooms and private outdoor verandahs, and Rainforest, a special section of the spa offering the benefits of steam, heat and hydrotherapy to relax the mind and body.
- At Palo, sweeping ocean views, rich décor and epicurean excellence create the setting for a romantic escape aboard the Disney Dream in a redesigned version of Disney Cruise Line’s signature specialty restaurant. Guests also may dine al fresco on Palo’s private outdoor deck.
- Remy debuts on the Disney Dream – Disney Cruise Line’s first-ever premier dining option. With French-inspired, gourmet cuisine by two award-winning chefs, Remy melds classic and contemporary styles in a sophisticated new dining concept exclusively for adults.
From experiences when the cruise is just underway until “the time to say good-bye,” the family entertainment aboard the Disney Dream is mesmerizing and memorable. Live theatrical productions, family-friendly “game-show” experiences, first-run Disney movies and high-energy deck parties are just some of the entertainment young and old will enjoy together. The spectacles literally elevate cruise ship entertainment to new heights as a little mermaid soars over a stage in a stunning aerial ballet, pirates rappel from atop the ship’s funnel during a swashbuckling adventure and the evening sky lights up with a dazzling spectacle of sound and color.