Recently, Disney Interactive released the second video in its behind-the-scenes “Creating Infinity” series. The new video focuses on the inspiration behind Disney Infinity’s “Toy Box” mode, and includes interviews with Pixar and Avalanche Software creative visionaries, as well as commentary from renowned Disney storytellers. In the interviews, leaders such as John Lasseter and John Blackburn discuss how creative play shaped their lives and inspired Disney Infinity.
When Disney Infinity hits store shelves in August, the game will usher in a new era in creative play by introducing a virtual Toy Box that allows players to combine Disney and Pixar’s most popular characters, worlds, gadgets, vehicles and locations to create one-of-a-kind Disney themed action and adventure games, sports and racing competitions, team-based and head-to-head challenges, and much more!
Who would win in a racing competition? Dash or Lightning McQueen? Mrs. Incredible or Mike Wazowski? Buzz Lightyear, Dash or Davy Jones… while riding on Stitch’s surfboard?
In the Toy Box mode, players can pit these characters and more in head to head races on custom built tracks. They can build their own race tracks using pieces unlocked while playing in the Toy Box mode, in addition to other items brought over from the Monsters University, Incredibles, Pirates of the Caribbean and Cars play sets.
The game also includes many “play sets” from popular Disney films. Within the Pirates of the Caribbean play set, gamers can take on the role of Captain Jack Sparrow, Captain Barbossa and Davy Jones as they set sail to new lands in search of adventure and gold. Key highlights include:
- Combat and Customization: Players will be able to explore new lands while battling via water and land to become the king of the sea. Additionally, players can customize their ship, by choosing everything from the overall décor of the vessel to the cannons on board.
- Play Set: The Pirates of the Caribbean play set adds its own specialized game play mechanics and pieces to the Disney Infinity world such as unique weaponry that when activated in Toy Box mode allows players to create all-new combat challenges, build and customize worlds and much more.
- Toy Box mode: The pirate trio of Captain Jack Sparrow, Captain Barbossa and Davy Jones are able to interact with all of the previously revealed Disney Infinity characters from The Incredibles, Monsters University and Cars to create new and exciting adventures on the high seas and beyond.
Within the Lone Ranger play set, players can take on the role of the Lone Ranger or Tonto as they set out to bring Butch Cavendish and his gang of outlaws to justice. Key gameplay highlights include:
Ricochet Combat: The outlaws in the play set are clever and will seek to hide behind cover or ambush the player whenever they can. Fortunately, a unique ricochet mechanic allows both Lone Ranger and Tonto to hit the bad guys indirectly and around corners by lining up shots that bounce off of pots, pans, bells, posts, or other metal objects.
- Mounts: Players will find traversing the Wild West and the areas surrounding the town of Colby to be much quicker on the Lone Ranger and Tonto’s iconic steeds of Silver and Scout or any one of the other many horses that can be found throughout the play set.
- Train Defense and Customization: He who controls the railroad, controls the West. In the Lone Ranger play set, players can build and customize their own train, complete from the trim on the wheels, to the painting on the cars. A key part of the gameplay revolves around building up the train and getting the right resources to the right locations.
- Toy Box: In addition to these game mechanics, the Lone Ranger play set also allows players to bring in all the buildings, mounts, weapons and other surprises into the Toy Box so that players can include their own wild west gameplay into their imaginative scenarios.
Within the Monsters University play set, gamers can take on the role of Mike, Sulley or Randy to prank their major rivals at Fear Tech. Avalanche Software worked closely with Pixar to develop the look of Fear Tech’s campus, which makes its debut in the play set. The two universities must compete to see who has the most school spirit during the annual Fear-It Week. Key highlights include:
- Pranks, Humor and Customization: Players can utilize scare tactics to prank opponents and perfect the art of sneak attacks. They can also customize their own Frat Row buildings with a collection of colors, designs and decorations found throughout the play set. Students in the world come in all shapes and sizes and can be customized with wings, fangs, spikes, tails and other accessories. Bikes can be unlocked to perform stunts, tricks and other speedy maneuvers.
- Play Set: The Monsters University play set adds its own specialized game play mechanics and pieces to the Disney Infinity world, including unique gadgets such as the toilet paper launcher, paintball launcher, foam hand and the ability to ride on Archie the Scare Pig. These can also be activated in Toy Box mode which will allow players to create all-new prank challenges, build and customize worlds and much more.
- Toy Box mode: The trio of Mike, Sulley and Randy are able to interact with all of the previously revealed Disney Infinity characters from The Incredibles, Pirates of the Caribbean and Cars to create new and exciting adventures in customized worlds.
Leave a Reply