As you may know if you have been following Zannaland for a while, or subscribed to our YouTube channel – we LOVE Gaylord Palms Resort! It’s such an amazing getaway, it’s THE perfect place for a “staycation.” There is so much to see and do within the resort, you have no reason to leave! Now, to celebrate the spooky season coming upon us soon (I know all of 2020 has been pretty spooky, but you might as well have some FUN with it, right?) Gaylord Palms is presenting Goblins and Giggles Getaway Weekends!
What are Goblins and Giggles Getaway Weekends you ask? Let me explain. This Fall, guests are invited to experience spooktacular weekends September 11 through October 31, 2020. Throughout the season, in addition to their amazing holiday experiences, Gaylord Palms creates fun family weekends that really give you a reason to getaway, relax, and have fun. These weekend themed events are such great fun and Gaylord Palms Resort is so huge, a scavenger hunt is really a hunt! There are so many places to explore and discover: pools, a water park, dining, live alligators, saltwater fish, and so much more. Here’s the breakdown of the Gaylord Palms Goblins & Giggles Weekends:
Goblins & Giggles Getaway Weekends offers a wide array of family-friendly activities from spooky animal encounters and a Halloween-themed scavenger hunt to wicked pool fun and a meet and greet with Spookley the Square Pumpkin.
Most of the activities take place Friday through Sunday.
• In celebration of Goblins & Giggles, the resort is offering a special package starting at $189.
The package includes overnight accommodations, a Hide and Seek Scavenger Hunt booklet and tickets to the new Castillo de San Marcos ALIVE! Ghost Experience. The package excludes resort fee and parking.
Weekend events and activities include:
- NEW! Castillo de San Marcos ALIVE! Ghost Experience features live storytellers who recount real-life ghost stories for all who are brave enough to listen. Guests will explore the fort’s stone walls and encounter the spirits who remain trapped within. Includes an imaginative walkthrough experience transporting visitors of all ages through a world of Halloween Jack-o-Lantern fun.
- NEW! The resort’s haunted hideaway SpookEasy offers spine-chilling craft cocktails and a spooky collection of terrifying, ghostly artwork procured by owner’s past. *This haunt is PG-13 due to graphic spooky activities inside.*
- NEW! Meet and Greet with Spookley the Square Pumpkin at a fun photo op. One day in the pumpkin patch, the strangest little pumpkin hatched. Spookley the Pumpkin was different. All the other pumpkins teased him, until Spookley proved that being different can save the day.
- Spooky Animal Encounters provides guests with the opportunity to conquer their fears by getting up-close to live animals and learn about common myths surrounding some of the world’s most misunderstood creatures.
- Guests, young and young at heart, can explore the resort during a Trick-or-Treat Expedition, with stops throughout the resort for some deliciously spooky treats.
- Seth the Sea Turtle, Ava the Alligator and everyone’s favorite Adventure Kid Sophie explore Florida’s creepier flora and fauna during Adventure Kids: A Spooky Celebration.
- Families can hang out poolside with the Halloween host with the most Jack O’ Lantern for some Wicked Awesome Pool Fun in the Sun.
- Spend the evening at Moonlight Movies watching family-friendly movies on the resort’s pool screen at Cypress Springs Water Park.
Daily activities include:
- The Hide and Seek Scavenger Hunt featuring Spookley the Square Pumpkin. Spookley found eight spooktacular hiding spots at the resort for his game of Halloween Hide & Seek. Guests solve puzzles to find each clue’s missing word and then use the clues to find Spookley.
- The Wildlife Rescue Experience guides guests throughout the resort to track down endangered species and help ensure that they are monitored for their protection. The virtual adventure highlights indigenous animals from Florida and, with the magic of augmented reality, brings them to life before the participants’ eyes.
- From the comfort of their guest room, families can enjoy two interactive Halloween videos: Bedtime Stories with Morgana, a treat-making witch from Spooksville, and Monster Mash Bash with Vlad the Vampire.
- The Phantom of the Atrium Light Display is a haunting masterpiece filled with mystery, mischief and, of course, magic in the St. Augustine atrium sky.
What About Pools?!
Guests can relax and unwind at Cypress Springs Water Park & Resort Pools, which feature a zero-entry swimming pool, multi-level water playground, racing slides, a drop slide and a FlowRider surf simulator.
The pool experience has been upgraded to implement new cleanliness and social distancing measures. Gaylord Palms has done this while balancing the aquatic experience guests have come to love.
In addition to spaced seating, guests can rent a private cabana for the day including shaded seating, a flat-screen television, refrigerator, and snacks. Premium guaranteed pool seating is also available for purchase.
In accordance with Marriott’s “Commitment to Clean” practices, the resort provides enhanced cleaning technology.
- hospital-grade disinfectants
- attendants dedicated to sanitizing frequently throughout the day
- social distancing protocols
- hundreds of new cleaning processes
- all to take care of guests while they enjoy the resort’s amenities.
This sounds like such a FUN event! With so many Halloween events being canceled this year, it would be such a fun family getaway to make some wonderful memories. Sign me up!
Leave a Reply