This weekend marks the last for SeaWorld’s Bands, Brew & BBQ season. I love SeaWorld’s special events like this because they are included in the price of regular admission, and you get a little something extra, this time in the form of rockin’ bands, great BBQ, and beer to boot. SeaWorld invited me over to check things out during the weekend when Styx was performing. It was a perfect small venue for a band that used to play arenas and has no less fans 30 years later. The intimate setting ensures every seat is a good one – even ours – the very last row of the stadium.
The BBQ options filled the air with heavenly scents. SeaWorld had its own offerings from its on-site BBQ restaurant, as well as Tony Roma’s, Cecil’s Texas Style Bar B Q and Sonny’s Real Pit Bar-B-Q sharing their finest creations. It was a great mix and easy to sample many locations instead of being locked in to just one place.
The brews were offered individually, or in the form of sampler packages, for those wanting to try it all. The beers offered were mostly craft beers, an excellent complement to the BBQ booths.
Carnival games lined the walkway for the kids, and a display of Harleys from the Orlando Harley-Davidson stores were also on hand.
It was a great addition to an already fun day at SeaWorld, so if you have the chance, check it out this last weekend, where Rodney Atkins with Uncle Kracker and Sheryl Crow will perform. Here is the full line up from this season so you can get an idea of what to expect in future years:
The 2013 Bands, Brew & BBQ concert lineup includes:
- Saturday, February 9 Chris Young with Jerrod Niemann
- Sunday, February 10 Merle Haggard
- Saturday, February 16 The Beach Boys
- Sunday, February 17 Styx
- Saturday, February 23 Big & Rich
- Sunday, February 24 Third Eye Blind
- Saturday, March 2 Daryl Hall and John Oates
- Sunday, March 3 Darius Rucker
- Saturday, March 9 Michael McDonald
- Sunday, March 10 Josh Turner
- Saturday, March 16 Rodney Atkins with Uncle Kracker
- Sunday, March 17 Sheryl Crow
For more details about Bands, Brew & BBQ visit www.SeaWorldOrlando.com
Leave a Reply