For quite some time now, construction walls, demolition and change has been the norm at Downtown Disney. We are finally about to see some of the fruits of those labors as Marketplace Co-op is set to open on June 6. That date is not confirmed and is of course based on construction progress and subject to change, but exciting nonetheless! We have also heard that once this new set of stores opens up, the area will be officially renamed The Landing as the first area of Disney Springs to open. We will of course update this post if we hear anything has changed.
I heard the news of the opening date today while at the debut of the newest Beautifully Disney collection, Curiouser and Curiouser, featuring Alice in Wonderland inspired make-up and accessories. Beautifully Disney will be one of 6 boutique-like spaces making up the Marketplace Co-Op.
According to the Disney Parks Blog, “at inauguration, The Marketplace Co Op’s six new spaces will be:
- Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination for woman featuring make-up, fragrance and beauty accessories.
- Cherry Tree Lane – Accessories for the sophisticated woman with a passion for scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry.
- D-Tech on Demand – A place to personalize and customize your own electronic accessories.
- The Trophy Room- Vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles.
- Centerpiece – Home product for Guests that want a splash of Disney in their room furnishings, textiles and everyday ware.
- Zoey and Pickles – A girls’ destination containing the latest trends and glamour for the up and coming fashionista.”
We shared a little bit of what Cherry Tree Lane will have to offer, and Centerpiece also has fans counting down the days till we can hand over our money in exchange for these great designs and themed items. Take a look, I think the images speak for themselves (all images ©Disney) :
Which section of the Co-Op are you most excited about? Fingers crossed for a June 6 opening so we can all check it out soon!