In the past, I’ve attended the first three 24-hour days at the Magic Kingdom and they were always fun, and crazy, and by the end, I was delirious. This time around, I couldn’t make it, so friend and blogger Kira from Second Blog to the Right jumped in and covered the Coolest Summer Ever festivities:
How do you know summer has arrived?!?!
By the #CoolestSummer Ever kickoff party at the Magic Kingdom!
Oh and did I mention, the party lasted for 24 hours?!?!?!?!
The Magic Kingdom was open from 6 am to 6 am with lots of festivities for all.
Everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf, hosted the party and he brought his friends, Anna, Elsa, & Kristoff along as well.
In year’s past, I have only done the nighttime happenings, so this year I got to experience the morning.
The highlight of my morning was meeting Snapchatters, @shonduras & @emgarber. They took over the @waltdisneyworld Snapchat account for the whole weekend. If you followed along, you got to see all the fun they had. They are some of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet; so go give them a follow on Snapchat or Instagram!
I also got to experience a rarity in the Magic Kingdom thanks to being in the park prior to sunrise, the flag raising ceremony! I absolutely adore the tradition of the flag retreat at the Magic Kingdom and try to catch it whenever I can, but the flag raising happens at sunrise, which is usually before the park opens.
Some highlights of the 24 hour bash:
- #INCREDIBLESSuperDanceParty at Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland.
- Disney Channel and Disney XD stars appear as honorary Grand Marshals at the 3 p.m. “Festival of Fantasy” parade.
- Main Street Electrical Parade featuring a Frozen Fantasy pre-parade celebration.
- Previews of upcoming Disney Channel films and music videos, plus a DJ spinning tunes as Disney Channel hosted the new “Club Chill” party zone in
- Tomorrowland with some of guests’ favorite Disney Channel and Disney XD stars.
- “Frozen” movie screening at Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland.
- Specialty cupcakes and other food items
Even if you missed the kickoff party, you still have plenty of time to experience #CoolestSummer Ever at Walt Disney World Resort.
Thanks, Kira! What would you do with 24 Hours at Magic Kingdom? (I know for me it involved a LOT of Peoplemover rides!) It’s always fun to experience some views you don’t normally get to see in the parks, like sunrises over Cinderella Castle and many other unique photo ops!To see the latest photos and videos from Zannaland's adventures,
follow, like, and subscribe here: